123. Should you program your training around your menstrual cycle? With Dr Alyssa Olenick and Raphael Bender
Menstrual cycle-based training is a fascinating concept that is receiving a lot of press at the moment. Dr Alyssa Olenick is a metabolic scientist with a special research interest in the effects of the menstrual cycle on exercise training. We talk about the research on menstrual cycle-based training, and how to get the best results for your female clients.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Register your interest to receive an advanced copy of Raph's book 'How to make $100k a year teaching Pilates here
- Connect with Dr. Alyssa on Instagram and on Youtube
- Listen to Dr. Alyssa's podcast 'The Messy Middle Podcast' here
- Women and men respond to standardized strength training programs very similarly here and here
- Follicular-based strength training may give superior results here
- But performance is similar across the menstrual cycle here
- Older women self-select exercise intensity that is too low to elicit strength gains here
Find more resources here.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy
AdBarker - https://adbarker.com/privacy