John and Raphael talk through the ups and downs of creating your own thing:
- How John transitioned from representing the STOTT PILATES brand to representing his own brand
- The expectation of creating your own business vs the reality of it
- Work/life balance
- Imposter syndrome and how to deal with it
- Finding your tribe
- The drawbacks of starting your own business
- The benefits of starting your own business
- How to deal with haters
- How to decide if creating your own thing is right for you
About John Garey:
John Garey is a renowned Pilates Instructor and Fitness Expert. He is the creator of John Garey TV, an online, Pilates video on demand service. John earned his Master of Science in Physical Education from New York University.
He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through National Strength and Conditioning Association and also a Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher.
John has starred in over 1000 Pilates and Fitness videos. He is an International Pilates and Fitness Presenter and has contributed to and appeared in many international publications, including Pilates Style Magazine, Men's Fitness, Shape, and GQ.
How to Connect with John:
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph's new book:
Strengthen The Person Not Just The Body Part here
Ways to engage with us for FREE:
- Join our FREE Live Community Session
- Get our free ebook on Posture Myths in Pilates
- Book a time to talk with Raph to share your story
DISCLAIMER: The content in the podcast is not intended to constitute or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy
AdBarker - https://adbarker.com/privacy