133. Ab curls are safe during pregnancy, live podcast with Raphael Bender
Ab curls ARE safe during pregnancy. Many people mistakenly believe they increase risk of diastasis but this is not true.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Check out or visualized anatomy program here
- Diastasis gets narrower during a curl up here and here
- Diastasis gets wider during TrA contraction here and here
- Prenatal abdominal strengthening probably helps diastasis here
- Postpartum abdominal strengthening probably helps diastasis here
- US General Surgeon’s perspective on exercise for diastasis here
- ACOG guidelines on exercise during pregnancy and postpartum here
- Get a copy of Raph's new book 'How to make $100k a year teaching Pilates' here.
- Connect with Raph here.
Learn more here.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy
AdBarker - https://adbarker.com/privacy