What does it mean to be evidence-based, and how can you transition into using a more evidence-based approach?
Adam and Raph discuss:
- Their own experiences of growing beyond their original certifications
- How to avoid the chasm of nihilism - that feeling of WTF do I do, if I’m not cueing muscles or alignment?
- How to let yourself be wrong, or not to know the answers
- How to give yourself permission to try new ways of teaching
- How to experiment with new ideas
- How to implement new ways of teaching with your regular clients
About Adam McAtee:
Adam McAtee is an instructor here at Breathe Education. He has over 12 years of Pilates experience and a degree in Exercise Science. He is currently studying physical therapy (physiotherapy) in California.
As a trainer, Adam is big on encouraging students to become critical thinkers so they can be excellent instructors. He is passionate about staying up-to-date on the latest evidence-based practice, and imparting it to his students. It’s an honor for him to be a mentor in the lives of others who are pursuing a career in Pilates.
Adam likes to keep himself busy with his personal movement practice, traveling, scuba diving, and being with his partner, daughter, and pets (two dogs and a bird). His favorite quote (which you will likely hear in his classes) is, “nothing will work unless you do,” by Maya Angelou.
How to Connect with Adam:
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph's new book:
Strengthen The Person Not Just The Body Part here
Ways to engage with us for FREE:
- Join our FREE Live Community Session
- Get our free ebook on Posture Myths in Pilates
- Book a time to talk with Raph to share your story
DISCLAIMER: The content in the podcast is not intended to constitute or be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have heard on the podcast.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy
AdBarker - https://adbarker.com/privacy